If you are interested in obtaining legal assistance from our office, please review our intake guide and contact information.
Students Can Expect
The CDC offers students the opportunity to learn about New York State Penal Law and New York State Criminal Procedure Law, as well as a holistic approach to criminal defense practice.
Students Learn To:
- Negotiate plea agreements, argue motions to dismiss, participate in pretrial conferences and hearings
- Conduct legal research and analysis
- Conduct fact investigations, and interview witnesses
- Draft discovery demands and motions
- Engage in critical analysis of the criminal justice system and potential reforms
Credits & Requirements
- 1 semester clinic
- 6 credits
- 20-25 hours per week time requirement
- Requirements: Professional Responsibility, Evidence (suggested), and Constitutional Criminal Procedure (suggested)
Director, Criminal Defense Clinic