Learning Outcome: Graduates will develop knowledge of United States constitutional, statutory, regulatory, and common law.Performance Criteria:
- Graduates will demonstrate a basic understanding in the courses that are required of all LL.M. students.
- Graduates will demonstrate a basic understanding of the theories, historical development, and application of United States law and its legal system.
Learning Outcome: Graduates will analyze and apply principles of law and legal reasoning.Performance Criteria:
- Graduates will identify the key facts, issues, reasoning, holdings, assumptions, and policies that underlie judicial decisions and independently critique them.
- Graduates will determine the applicable legal rules from multiple sources of law and seek to reconcile any competing principles.
- Graduates will reflect on the differences among the legal principles and processes of diverse legal systems and cultures.
- Graduates will find governing law and relevant secondary sources.
- Graduates will listen actively and be respectful in their professional interactions.
- Graduates will explain legal issues understandably.
- Graduates will write accurate and well-organized law-related documents.
- Graduates will identify and resolve ethical issues consistent with the United States legal profession's ethical standards.
- Graduates will recognize differing perspectives in resolving legal issues.
- Graduates will recognize various roles lawyers play in a global society.