- J.D. Admissions
- Fast Facts
- Tuition and Cost of Attendance
- Types of Financial Aid
- Access Your Financial Aid on MySlice
- Application Steps
- Budget Calculator
- Apply for a Loan
- Manage Your Debt
- Loan Repayment
Orange U $avvy
- Financial Aid Links
- Financial Aid Policies
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Contact Financial Aid
- Admitted Student Checklist
- Bar Examination Information
- Conditional Admittance Program
- Curriculum by Subject Area
- Funding an LL.M. Degree
- Housing Information
- Legal English Summer Session
- LL.M. Program Frequently Asked Admissions Questions
- Message from the Director
- Online Application
- Request Information
- The 2013-2014 Cost of Attendance for the LL.M. Program
- Meet the Staff
- Transfer Admissions
- Consumer Information
Applying as a Transfer Student
|Applying as a Transfer Student|
Law students in good academic standing who have completed at least one full year of study leading to a J.D. degree in schools accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) or the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) may apply for admission to Syracuse as transfer students. Admission is competitive; the number of transfer applicants granted admission depends on available spaces in the second-year class. After transferring, students must earn at least 58 of the credits required for the J.D. degree at Syracuse University College of Law.
Transfer applicants must apply for admission in the same manner as first-year applicants. In addition, transfer applicants must forward the following information:
- Written certification from the dean of the applicant's law school stating that she or he is in good academic standing and is unconditionally eligible to return;
- An original LSDAS report from Law Services (We will also accept a file copy sent directly from the Office of the Registrar at the applicant's law school.)
- At least one letter of recommendation from a faculty member at the applicant's law school; and
- A current official transcript of all coursework completed at the applicant's law school.
- The deadline for transfer application is June 1.
- Transfer applications are typically considered between July 10 and August 10 each year.
- Transfer applications will not be reviewed until all first-year grades have been received in official form.