Joint Degree Options

Applicants who are interested in pursuing a joint degree program must apply and be admitted to both the College of Law and the other Syracuse University graduate school or college. Students admitted to the College of Law are not guaranteed acceptance into other graduate programs.

Joint degree students are required to complete their first year of study in the College of Law. Most students apply for admission to joint degree programs during the first year of law school. However, applicants may also apply for joint degree candidacy before beginning the first year of law study.

Candidates for joint degree programs must obtain advance approval from the College of Law. Minimum law GPA requirements apply to joint degree program participation for law students.
Joint Degree programs:

  • J.D./M.S. in Accounting
  • J.D./Business Administration (M.B.A.)
  • J.D./M.S. in Communications
  • J.D./M.S. in Disabilities Studies
  • J.D./M.S. in Engineering and Computer Science
  • J.D./M.S. or Ph.D. in Environmental Science and Forestry
  • J.D./M.S. in Forensic Science
  • J.D./M.S. in International Relations
  • J.D./Public Administration (M.P.A.)
  • J.D./Social Work (M.S.W.)

More information about our joint degrees.

Details on how to apply to a joint degree program.

Please note: Application information and supporting documentation submitted to the College of Law will not be shared with or photocopied for other Syracuse University departments. In addition, joint degree candidates should be aware that consistent with Law School Admission Council policy, LSAT scores may be used for purposes of admission to law school only. The College of Law and CAS will not report LSAT scores to other graduate departments. Potential joint degree applicants may have to take additional standardized tests, such as the GRE or GMAT. Candidates should request the Syracuse University graduate catalog and application from Syracuse University, Office of Graduate Admissions, 303 Bowne Hall, Syracuse NY 13244-1200; telephone 315-443-4492.

Additional tuition charges may apply to joint degree students if you exceed 19 credit hours during the academic year or if you take summer classes.