Hey there, greatest-class-in-history!
Law Class Act was created by the alumni of our beloved law school, as it became clear that we needed something to really make our class stand out and live on for years to come.
Our goal is that every student in the class would donate $20.18 by the time graduation rolls around. This is our chance to start a lasting tradition and really leave our mark on this school. We want this legacy to help provide opportunities that students may not otherwise have and to honor the people that helped us along the way through school, whether it was a professor, alum, or staff member.
Students who donate receive:
- An orange/white/silver recognition cord to wear at graduation
- Name recognition in the Law Class of 2018 Honor Roll, in the Syracuse Law annual magazine, and in the Commencement booklet (Gifts by April 30)
- Access to an end-of-the-year class celebration event in May
To make the greatest impact, we are aiming for 100% participation from our Class of 2018.
Our goals encompass much more than raising money.
Your donation through the Law Class Act will:
- Educate students about the importance and value of giving back to Syracuse University and the College of Law and provide young alumni with role models for philanthropic giving.
- Emphasize participation, increasing it over the prior year. The Class of 2017 had over an 80% participation rate -- an all time high! Our ultimate goal is 100%.
- Allow students to make meaningful gifts. A good target is $20.18 in commemoration of our class year.
- Establish a lifelong tradition of philanthropic and annual giving.
- Honor the community that helped you succeed, leaving a legacy for students who follow in your footsteps.
- Change a life and help other students have a bright future.
- Support our cutting-edge programs, facilities, scholarships, and other integral pieces of a first-class education.