Administrative and Service Positions in Legal Education:
Administrative and Service Positions in Legal Education:
· Vice Dean of College of Law, Syracuse University (2006-08)
· Senior Associate Dean of the College of Law, Syracuse University (2004-06)
· Membership Committee of the Association of American Law Schools (three year term starting in Jan. 2012) (this Committee reviews compliance with standards of Law School membership in the AALS and works with the American Bar Association (ABA) in reviewing compliance with standards of accreditation by member schools)
· Chair, Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Standing Committee on Research 2010
· Member, Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Standing Committee on Research (term 2008-2011)
· 2006 Elected, Chair of the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Section on Real Estate Transactions
· 2004 Elected, Chair of the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Section on Law and Humanities
· Spring 2012, AALS representative on the ABA accreditation review team for inspection of Boston College Law School.
· Spring 2011, member of AALS review team for membership accreditation of Drexel University Law School.
Summary of other Key Activities:
· Book Series Editor with Cambridge University Press: Disability Law and Policy (with Blanck)
· Book Series Editor with Ashgate publishers: Law, Property, and Society
· Book Series Editor with Edward Elgar Press: Law and Entrepreneurship (with Ghosh)
· Editor-in-Chief of The Digest (Law Journal of the National Italian American Bar Association)
· National Board Member of the National Italian American Bar Association
· Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Law & Policy
· Spring 2007 Dickinson Dees Fellow at Durham University (U.K.)
· 1997 Sun Life Visiting Research Fellow at Mansfield College, Oxford University (U.K.)
· 1992-93 Alumni Research Fellow at Syracuse University College of Law
· Fellow of the American Bar Foundation since 2007
· Board Member, Law and Economics Program at St. Gallens University, Switzerland.
· Member of the University of Helsinki (Finland) Working Group on Markets and Marketization
· Founding President, Association for Law, Property, and Society (2010) www.alps.syr.edu
· Member, Deputy Chair, of the Town of Dewitt Zoning Board of Appeal (A major suburban community abutting the City of Syracuse NY) (I do this as community service and have a 7 year term)
1. R.P. Malloy, Property, Place, and Disability: The Law of Inclusive Design in Property Development (Cambridge University Press, forthcoming 2014).
2. R.P. Malloy, LAW IN A MARKET CONTEXT: AN INTRODUCTION TO MARKET CONCEPTS IN LEGAL REASONING (Cambridge University Press, 2004).
3. R. P. Malloy, LAW AND MARKET ECONOMY: REINTERPRETING THE VALUES OF LAW AND ECONOMICS (Cambridge, 2000). Translated into Chinese and Spanish.
4. R.P. Malloy & J. Smith, REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS - MATERIALS, PROBLEMS & CASES 4th ed. 2013; 3rd ed. 2007; 2nd ed. 2002; 1st ed., 1998, Aspen Law Publishers). (A leading casebook in the field).
5. R.P. Malloy & J. Smith, REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS TEACHERS MANUAL and DOCUMENTS PROBLEMS Disk/Book 4th ed. 2013; 3rd edition 2007 (Aspen).
6. R.P. Malloy & J. Smith, REAL ESTATE (Aspen 2006, Emanuel’s Series, 1st edition 2000).
7. R.P. Malloy, PLANNING FOR SERFDOM - LEGAL ECONOMIC DISCOURSE AND DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT (Univ. of Pennsylvania Press - 1991).
8. R.P. Malloy, LAW AND ECONOMICS - A COMPARATIVE APPROACH TO THEORY AND PRACTICE (West Publishing Co. 1990). Translated into Japanese.
9. Creativity, Law and Entrepreneurship (editor with S. Ghosh, Edward Elgar Publishing, 2011) (with chapter contributions by each co-editor)
10. The Public Nature of Private Property (editor with M. Diamond, Ashgate Publishing, 2011) (with chapter contributions by each co-editor)
11. AFFORDABLE HOUSING AND PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS (editor with N. Davidson, Ashgate, August 2009) (with chapter contributions by each co-editor).
12. LAW AND RECOVERY FROM DISASTER: HURRICANE KATRINA (editor, Ashgate, 2009).
13. PRIVATE PROPERTY, COMMUNITY Development, AND EMINENT DOMAIN (editor, Ashgate Publishing, 2008) (with chapter contribution by the editor).
14. ADAM SMITH AND THE PHILOSOPHY OF LAW AND ECONOMICS, (R.P. Malloy & J. Evensky, editors Kluwer, 1994) (with chapter contributions by each co-editor).
15. LAW AND ECONOMICS: NEW AND CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES (R.P. Malloy & C.K. Braun, editors Peter Lang Publishers, 1995) (with chapter contributions by each co-editor).
BOOK SERIES EDITOR:
1) DISABILITY LAW AND POLICY Book Series (Cambridge University Press) (with, P. Blanck);
2) LAW, PROPERTY, AND SOCIETY Book Series (Ashgate Publishing);
3) Law and Entrepreneurship Book Series (Edward Elgar Publishing) (with S. Ghosh).
Articles: In addition to 15 book chapters, some 33 scholarly articles published by: Boston College, Buffalo, Columbia - Environmental, Hastings, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, International Journal for Law and Semiotics, Journal of Economic Literature, Journal of Law and Policy, Journal of Legal Education, Ohio State, Pace, Real Estate Review, SMU, Syracuse, St. Johns, Texas Tech, Tulane, Vanderbilt, Wayne State, Wisconsin, among others.
SSRN Subject Matter Journal Editor
1) Property, Citizenship, and Social Entrepreneurism (Editor)
2) Housing Law and Policy (Co-editor with Kenn)
3) Insurance Law (Co-editor with Abramovsky)
For Books by Robin Paul Malloy go to:www.amazon.comwww.cup.org
See C.V. link for full publication information.
Request a Transcript
Make a Gift
Office of the Dean
Syracuse University College of Law
Syracuse, NY 13244-1030
Law Events Calendar
Copyright ©2010 SU College of Law. All rights reserved.