Spring 2021 DCEx Program Includes Government, Nonprofit, Judicial, and Corporate Placements
Continuing its strong track record of top experiential learning placements, the spring 2021 Washington, DC, Externship Program (DCEx) begins with nine students set to gain practical legal experience across government, nonprofit, judicial, and corporate organizations.
"I am quite pleased with the quality of the positions," says Faculty Director of Externship Programs and DCEx Program Director Terry Turnipseed. "We have five participants at the US Department of Justice, including two in the Tax Division for the first time, as well as a student at the Securities and Exchange Commission, one at the Insured Retirement Institute, a tax/retirement trade association, and one working with the Hon. J. Jeremiah Mahoney L’69, Chief Administrative Law Judge at the US Department of Housing and Urban Development."
Turnipseed notes that all externship with be remote, except an in-house placement at Orbis Technologies, hosted by alumna Erin Lawless Miller L’10, Vice President of Corporate Business Services.
Spring 2021 DCEx Placements
- US Department of Justice, National Security Division
- US Department of Justice, Office of Legal Policy
- US Department of Justice, Tax Division
- US Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Maryland, Southern Division
- Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Trading and Markets
- Insured Retirement Institute
- Orbis Technologies
- The Hon. J. Jeremiah Mahoney L’69, Chief Administrative Law Judge, U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development, Office of Hearings & Appeals