Professor Milner teaches civil procedure, legal writing, and the contemplative practice of law. Her teaching reflects the study of legal process, writing, and wellness in legal practice. She also assists students seeking judicial clerkships as a Faculty Judicial Clerkship Advisor. Before joining the faculty, Professor Milner clerked for three Maryland appellate judges: the Honorable Alan M. Wilner, the Honorable Andrew L. Sonner, and the Honorable Patrick L. Woodward. She also served as Assistant Legal Counsel to the Governor of Maryland, Parris N. Glendening.
- Aliza M. Milner
- Teaching Professor
- Interim Director, Legal Communication and Research Program
- (315) 443-1861
George Washington University Law School
J.D., with honors 1998
- LAW601: Civil Procedure
- LAW609: Legal Communications & Research II
- LAW609: Legal Communications & Research I
- LAW690: Legal Communications & Research III: Writing for Trial and Appellate Judges
- LAW646: Problem Solving and Intelligent Lawyering
Publications: ALIZA MILNER, JUDICIAL CLERKSHIPS: LEGAL METHODS IN MOTION (LexisNexis 2011).