- Obtain a score on the LSAT
- Register with the Law School Admission Council's Credential Assembly Service (CAS)
- Obtain transcripts of all previous college or university study and submit through CAS
- Obtain up to 3 letters of recommendation
- Consult the State Bar Examiner's Office of the states in which you intend to practice law, regarding character and fitness for admission to the bar
- Note: Financial Aid deadline of February 15
To Apply Online:
To Apply for Admissions:
Click on this link: Fall 2014 JD Application
- You will be taken to the LSAC web site to complete your online application and submit all necessary supporting materials.
- If you have not yet applied to any law school, you’ll be required to register with LSAC.
- If you have an account with LSAC, you will use your User ID and Password to log into the system.
- To check your application status online, go to www.law.syr.edu. From the Admissions & Financial Aid page, go to JD Admissions and click on the link for "Check Application Status." Application statuses will be updated daily, Monday-Friday.
To Apply for Financial Aid:
Complete the financial aid application steps as instructed by the Financial Aid Office.
To Apply By Mail:
- Download and complete the Admissions Application Form (PDF)
- This form can be completed directly on the PDF by clicking the purple bar that appears at the top of the PDF
- Print and sign the completed Admissions Application Form
- Send the form, along with all supporting materials and application fee (made out to "Syracuse University") of $75 to:
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
Syracuse University College of Law
Syracuse, New York 13244