Checklist for Entering Students
- Submit online Intent to Register form and seat deposit in the amount of $500 (Due by advance deposit date listed on the Intent to Register form within your admission packet).
- Pay the seat deposit by using one of the methods outlined in the payment steps link. These steps can also be found on the orange payment options flyer within your original admission packet.
- The College of Law requires a digital photo of yourself for use in your permanent file, creation of your SU Student ID Card, and for a College of Law photo directory. The directory will be distributed to College of Law faculty and the entire incoming class. By submitting your digital photo, you agree to have it included in the first-year photo book and distributed to the faculty and your 1L classmates, you also agree to allow your photo to be used in the College of Law Intranet to display on your personal home page as well as in the College of Law seating chart program to be used by faculty. Please send these photos in digital format to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your name in the subject line of your email. Photos must be in jpeg format and no more than 2 MB. Your photo should also be; a high quality, clear photo with a plain background, a front view of your whole face, with no others in the photo, taken within the last three months, and taken without a hat or dark glasses.
- It is an ABA requirement that all entering students have an original DEGREE-BEARING undergraduate transcript in their file prior to beginning law school. If you are graduating this year and your Registrar's Office has not yet posted your degree earned and the date received, please ask that they wait to send your transcript to us until both have been posted. Final degree-bearing transcripts should be sent to:
- Syracuse University College of Law
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
Suite 100, Dineen Hall
Syracuse, NY 13244
- Complete the Registration form re-confirming your plans to enroll at Syracuse Law this fall. Review the full registration information here.
- Decide if you wish to pre-purchase your textbooks.
- Secure housing arrangements. Visit the Housing information area of our website to learn about On and Off-campus options for graduate student housing. You will also find details on other incoming law students looking for a roommate!
- Complete the SU Health Form. This must be done before you can be registered for classes. Although the form specifies a June 1st deadline, law students need only have this form submitted prior to your arrival on campus.
- Have required laptop ordered and available to use by the first day of orientation, August 18th.
- Pre-purchase textbooks and parking permit (both can also be done during orientation).
- Activate your Syracuse University NETID and University email account. You can find these instructions on the main Syracuse University web site at:
- Contact current law student ambassadors or your upperclass student mentor with any remaining questions. You will hear directly from your assigned Student Mentor in July.
- Review the Financial Aid checklist to ensure that you have completed all necessary
steps to finalize your financial aid and student loans.