- J.D. Admissions
- Fast Facts
- Tuition and Cost of Attendance
- Types of Financial Aid
- Access Your Financial Aid on MySlice
- Application Steps
- Budget Calculator
- Apply for a Loan
- Manage Your Debt
- Loan Repayment
Orange U $avvy
- Financial Aid Links
- Financial Aid Policies
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Contact Financial Aid
- LL.M. Admitted Student Checklist
- Bar Examination Information
- Conditional Admittance Program
- Curriculum by Subject Area
- Funding the LL.M. Program: Student Loans & Partnership Opportunities
- Housing Information
- Legal English Summer Session
- LL.M. Program Frequently Asked Questions
- Message from the Director
- Online Application
- Request Information
- LL.M. Program Cost of Attendance
- Meet the Staff
- Transfer Admissions
- ABA Required Disclosures
Checklist for Entering Transfer Students
- Submit online Intent to Register form and seat deposit in the amount of $1,000 (Due by advance deposit date listed on the Intent to Register form within your admission packet).
- The College of Law requires a digital photo of yourself for use in your permanent file and for the creation of your SU Student ID Card. Please send your photo in digital format to firstname.lastname@example.org, by July 1st , and include your name in the subject line of your email. Photos MUST be in .jpeg format and no more than 2 MB. Your photo should also be a high quality, clear photo with a plain background, a front view of your whole face, with no others in the photo, taken within the last three months, and taken without a hat or dark glasses.
- Secure housing arrangements. Visit the Housing information area of our website to learn about On and Off-campus options for graduate student housing.
- Complete the SU Health Form. This must be done before you can be registered for classes. Although the form specifies a June 1st deadline, law students need only have this form submitted prior to your arrival on campus.
- Have required laptop ordered and available to use by the first day of orientation, August 20th.
- Purchase textbooks and parking permit (both can also be done during orientation).
- Activate your Syracuse University NETID and University email account. You can find these instructions on the main Syracuse University web site at:
- Contact current law student ambassadors or your upperclass student mentor with any remaining questions. You will hear directly from your assigned Student Mentor in July.
- Review the Financial Aid checklist to ensure that you have completed all necessary
steps to finalize your financial aid and student loans.
- Look for information from Admissions on deadlines for the Syracuse Law Review write-on competition, if interested.
- Contact the Office of Student Life at 315/ 443-1146 to schedule your classes. They will have a copy of your first year law school transcript.
- Prepare to attend the incoming transfer student orientation. Contact Student Life for details.