At the Syracuse University College of Law, we believe an outstanding legal education is as dynamic as the law itself. Syracuse puts you at the center of an intellectual, professional, personal, and cultural experience that will make you a better lawyer and a better leader.
The College of Law sits at an enviable position for law schools. It is rigorous, intimate, and friendly. Your mentors are faculty known for extraordinary teaching who also happen to be thought-leaders in their fields. Ranked among the best in the country for our trial and appellate program, Syracuse is also a leader in emerging fields such as disability law, national security, and innovation law.
Syracuse prides itself on a student-focused approach that facilitates collaboration with faculty across campus and connections with our impressive alumni network. To ensure that graduates have the knowledge, discipline, and analytical skills to succeed in the 21st-century, our curriculum complements Socratic learning with hands-on professional development, experiential, and skills-building opportunities through innovative coursework, as well as clinics, externships, and trial advocacy.
- An unparalleled experiential, skills-building program complements a 21st-century curriculum of more than 40 courses taught by committed professors who are also distinguished scholars and experienced practitioners.
- Add experiential value to your degree through in-house clinics, interdisciplinary research institutes, externship programs, advocacy competitions, joint degree options, certificates of advanced study, student-run journals, and more.
- Recognized as one of the most impressive law school buildings in the country, Dineen Hall is the embodiment of a vision that is transforming legal education, through the use of technology, collaboration, and interdisciplinary study.
- Academic success is supported by support resources and tutoring, a dedicated bar preparation program, a robust career services office, a full-service law library, accommodations and accessibility, and Orange Edge, a program specifically designed to help you prepare for your first semester.
- Network with more than 10,000 highly engaged alumni practicing in all 50 states and in 39 countries. Our alumni are only too willing to help the next generation of Orange Lawyers!
- Through curricular experiences, research, and other activities, you'll benefit from the College's extensive collaborations across the campus of a renowned research university, situated in the heart of New York State.